01. about me
Hi, I’m Clara. I was born and raised in Paris, France. My lifelong passion for event and travel planning has been shaped by this great city’s enchantments — its history, culture, fashion, cuisine, and café culture.
I started my career in 2007, planning and hosting events for the student council in my business school. I have since worked in Paris, New York, London, Barcelona, and Oakland for diverse companies and organizations, hosting events from small meetings to large hotel openings in locations worldwide. I have covered shareholders and board meetings, hotels openings, launch parties, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, holiday parties, team building events, and more.
In 2012, I decided to complement my skills by developing my expertise in wine. I went back to school and earned certification as a caviste and sommelier and worked as general manager and event coordinator at a prestigious tasting room in the center of Paris. Inspired by my experiences at the tasting room, I organized an 18-month trip around the wine-producing regions of the world, visiting 18 countries and meeting more than 200 winemakers worldwide. This trip combined all my passions: travel, wine, and meticulously organizing distinctive experiences and adventures!
I am now very much at home in the Bay Area, and I have brought my passion, drive, energy, and love of challenge to my own event planning business, The Parisian Planner.
My goal is to organize unforgettable events. I am committed to making your event run seamlessly so that you and your guests can focus on enjoying yourselves. I can organize and produce an event from conception through completion, administer partial planning, or coordinate activities on the day of your event.
I am passionate about traveling. I ensure clients a unique travel experience in France that not only leaves you with incredible memories, but also with a craving to experience more. I provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable travels that meet quality expectations.
Some of the events I executed include:
- Absolut Vodka Advertising Campaign Launch Party – New York City.
- Club Med events including but not limited to: Valmorel (France) Grand Opening, Cap Skirring (Senegal) and Yasmina (Morocco) Grand Re-openings.
- Club Med Shareholders and Board Meetings – France.
- American Association of Global Marathoners Yearly Champagne Day Trip – France.
- Champagne Cruises on the Seine River – France.
- Redfin Monthly Potential Buyers Meetings – Oakland.
- Berkeley West Edge Opera Fundraiser Recital – Oakland.
- Donahue Fitzgerald LLP, Kiva Confections, Head Royce School, Aspire Public School, MDRC, etc. Holiday Parties – Oakland.
- The Fairmont Group Team Building – Berkeley.
- InterPublic Appreciation Dinner – Oakland.
- NCIA (The National Cannabis Industry Association) Q1 Sales Show – Oakland.
- Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers, Wedding Anniversaries, Rehearsal Dinners, Bar Mitzvahs – California and Paris.
- Yelp Phoenix Summer and Winter Offsite Parties (1,000+ attendees)
04. my clients
“Clara was the event coordinator for our wedding reception. She was very easy to get a hold of, and always on time for all of our meetings. Clara went above and beyond in helping us plan, and was very patient when we were being indecisive. The day of the wedding Clara took care of everything, and it all went off without a hitch. We will absolutely be using Clara again in the future. Without her expertise, tact, and hard work our wedding wouldn’t have been the same.”
– Karl A., Wedding in July 2018
“Clara is a wonderful event planner. No detail too small or idea too big! She helped to coordinate our Company Christmas party with Dashe Cellars in 2018. She asked great questions, had great ideas and suggestions, was just a real pleasure to work with. She double checked with me on things we discussed and provided any answers I needed in a timely fashion.”
– Morgan L., Corporate Holiday Party in December 2018
“Clara was extremely responsive and immediately ran with my idea of a lemon-themed birthday party. She came up with things I wouldn’t have thought of myself (personalized stickers for the favor bags and personalized napkins) and did a great job bringing my vision to life. During the party she paid keen attention to everything, so I didn’t have to. Instead of pouring drinks and checking on food, I spent my time with my friends and family – many of whom I hadn’t seen since before my daughter was born. That quality time wouldn’t have been possible without Clara’s help, and I was grateful for it. Clara’s the quintessential Parisian. She has great taste in wine, flowers (and will arrange them artfully at your event), and food. If you entrust her with your event, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing every element will be executed flawlessly. On top of all that, she’s very enjoyable to work with. I’d hire her again a heartbeat.”
– Miriam W., Birthday in August 2018