01. about me
Hi, I’m Clara. I was born and raised in Paris, France. My lifelong passion for event and travel planning has been shaped by this great city’s enchantments — its history, culture, fashion, cuisine, and café culture.
I started my career in 2007, planning and hosting events for the student council in my business school. I have since worked in Paris, New York, London, Barcelona, and Oakland for diverse companies and organizations, hosting events from small meetings to large hotel openings in locations worldwide. I have covered shareholders and board meetings, hotels openings, launch parties, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, holiday parties, team building events, and more.
In 2012, I decided to complement my skills by developing my expertise in wine. I went back to school and earned certification as a caviste and sommelier and worked as general manager and event coordinator at a prestigious tasting room in the center of Paris. Inspired by my experiences at the tasting room, I organized an 18-month trip around the wine-producing regions of the world, visiting 18 countries and meeting more than 200 winemakers worldwide. This trip combined all my passions: travel, wine, and meticulously organizing distinctive experiences and adventures!
I am now very much at home in the Bay Area, and I have brought my passion, drive, energy, and love of challenge to my own event planning business, The Parisian Planner.
My goal is to organize unforgettable events. I am committed to making your event run seamlessly so that you and your guests can focus on enjoying yourselves. I can organize and produce an event from conception through completion, administer partial planning, or coordinate activities on the day of your event.
I am passionate about traveling. I ensure clients a unique travel experience in France that not only leaves you with incredible memories, but also with a craving to experience more. I provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable travels that meet quality expectations.
Some of the events I executed include:
- Absolut Vodka Advertising Campaign Launch Party – New York City.
- Club Med events including but not limited to: Valmorel (France) Grand Opening, Cap Skirring (Senegal) and Yasmina (Morocco) Grand Re-openings.
- Club Med Shareholders and Board Meetings – France.
- American Association of Global Marathoners Yearly Champagne Day Trip – France.
- Champagne Cruises on the Seine River – France.
- Redfin Monthly Potential Buyers Meetings – Oakland.
- Berkeley West Edge Opera Fundraiser Recital – Oakland.
- Donahue Fitzgerald LLP, Kiva Confections, Head Royce School, Aspire Public School, MDRC, etc. Holiday Parties – Oakland.
- The Fairmont Group Team Building – Berkeley.
- InterPublic Appreciation Dinner – Oakland.
- NCIA (The National Cannabis Industry Association) Q1 Sales Show – Oakland.
- Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers, Wedding Anniversaries, Rehearsal Dinners, Bar Mitzvahs – California and Paris.
04. my clients
“I hosted a co-ed shower at Dashe Cellars. I made contact with Clara and she was amazing to work with. She sent me pictures of the space and was extremely helpful and responsive and gave us an outstanding recommendation for food, a florist, etc. We did a mini tasting to decide on our wine offerings and so enjoyed that! Everything was perfect, everyone had a fantastic time, and it was difficult to get people to leave at the end!”
– cathy g., bridal shower in march 2018
“From the beginning, meeting with Clara Willard was a great experience. She explained the rental process, rates, and gave us a tour of the facility. Prior to our event, we held a wine tasting and picked out the wines that we wanted to pour at the event. The event itself was a huge hit. Everyone loved it.”
– israel m., corporate holiday party in december 2017